The following checklist will walk an Administrative user through the appropriate steps to setting up a new Child Care or Preschool season's registration in the Child Care Module. It is recommended to review and complete the steps in the order listed below.
- Review (or create) Question Templates (System > Question Templates)
- Note: If you currently do not use the Question Template feature for enrollment questions, but created individual questions within your sites, we recommend creating a question template instead. Question templates make editing questions faster for Administrative users. It also allows for use of that template across sites as well as within the additional modules your programs may use.
- Some questions you asked last year (such as Emergency Contacts and Authorized Pick-ups) may not be needed this year as they are built into the Eleyo online Child Care registration process. Staff designates the number of emergency contacts parents are required to provide during enrollment.
- If questions will be similar to a previous year, but will vary for the upcoming season, it is recommended to copy the current question template to create a new upcoming season question template without modifying the one for the current season.
- Make sure all Budget Codes are in the system (Finance > Budget Codes)
- Make sure Agreements/terms and conditions (System > Agreements) have been added to the system (optional). If Agreements will be similar to a previous year, but will vary for the upcoming season, it is recommended to copy the current Agreement to create a new upcoming season Agreement without modifying the one for the current season.
- Review the Program settings (Child Care > Programs)
- Has anything changed? Will you be changing your auto pay requirement or late fees? Note: Any changes made will reflect immediately in the current open Season.
- Review Registration Options (Child Care > Registration Options)
- Are the contract Schedule types the same (consistent, pick your days, drop in, etc)?
- Are Registration fees and/or deposits the same?
- Create a new Season (Child Care > Seasons > Add Season)
- Create a new Site for regular care (Child Care > Sites > Add Site) and if offered, create new Non-School Day care sites (Child Care > Non-School Day Sites)
- You can use Copy Site for a quick way to create additional sites for the new Season.
- For Non-School Day Sites, the text in the Name field is reflected in the line item on the invoice. If you need that line item to be more descriptive, be sure to add that in the name field (i.e. name the Non-School Day Site NSD 2019-2020 for Non-School Days, Early Release Days 2019-2020 or Early Out Days 2019-2020 if it is a site that is used for those specified days)
- Create Rates for your sites (Child Care > Rates > Add Rates)
- You can use Copy Rate for a quick way to create rates from one season to another if they have not changed. Note: You must create new rates for the upcoming season or online registration will not be available for parents.
If a review of the new season set-up is needed, please complete the above steps, then submit the following questionnaire: New Season Set-up Review Questionnaire
Please allow at least 7 business days prior to the first registration date to allow for a comprehensive review of this set-up by the team and to allow for any changes that may need to be made by Administrative staff.