Districts using the Child Care Attendance app on the iPad for parent sign-in/out will benefit from the system's automated late pick-up and early drop-off fees. Within each Program's Season, penalty fees for students who are signed out past a Site's end time or signed in prior to a Site's start time can be automated. The system considers early drop-off and late pick-up based on the Start Time and End Time as displayed on the Facility Request of each Site Section.
When an automatic late pick-up or early drop-off is created for a Child Care Season, the system looks at only the previous day's signed in and signed out attendance to determine whether a fee adjustment should be added to an account. Automated late pick-up and early drop-off fees are added only to accounts when a parent or authorized pick-up is signing a student in or out. The automated late pick-up and early drop-off fees will not be added if a staff person is marking a student in or out. If a fee adjustment is added to an account, it will not post until the next invoice is run.
When entering your range of minutes consider the following example parameters:
- 1-15 minutes = 60 seconds to 14:59 minutes late, the fee will apply (parents get a 59 second buffer)
- 0-15 minutes = 1 second to 14:59 minutes late, the fee will apply
- 15-30 minutes = 15:01 minutes to 29:59 minutes late, the fee will apply
- 1-15 minutes is a $1/minute fee AND 16-30 minutes is $2/minute fee = parents who sign out 15:30 minutes late do not get charged a fee because there is no parameter for that. To cover that range, the parameters should read 1-15 minutes late is $1/minute fee AND 15-30 minutes late is $2/minute fee.
Adjustments may be set up in the following ways:
A flat fee is charged based on whatever range the late minute value is set. For each time range increment that they are late, you would enter the amount you want them to be charged. For example, if you want to charge $5 for every 15 minutes someone is late based on the end time of the site section, you would set it up as follows:
- 1-15 minutes late = they are charged a total fee of $5 so enter $5 in the Amount field
- 15-30 minutes late = they are charged a total fee of $10 so enter $10 in the Amount field
- 30-45 minutes late = they are charged a total fee of $15 so enter $15 in the Amount field
- 45-60 minutes late = they are charged a total fee of $20 so enter $20 in the Amount field
A fee is charged per # of minutes and grouped. An example fee structure might be:
- 0-15 minutes late > a charge of $1/min
- 15-30 minutes late > a charge of $2/min
Example results of the above fee structure:
- If a parent signs their child out of the section 10 minutes late, a $10 fee adjustment is added to their Account to appear on the next invoice
- If a parent signs their child out of the section 20 minutes late, a $25 fee adjustment is added to their Account to appear on the next invoice [(15 * $1) + (5 * $2)] = $25
- If a parent signs their child out of the section 45 minutes late, a $45 fee adjustment is added to their Account to appear on the next invoice [(15 * $1) + (15 * $2)] = $45 ($2 is the max in the above fee structure)
Combining Flat Fees and Per Minute Fees
Flat fees and per minute fees may be combined so that the system charges an Account the flat amount plus the per minute logic. For example, a district could have a $10 flat fee plus $1/minute after 5 minutes.
Setting up Automatic Late Pick-up and/or Early Drop-off Fee Adjustments
- Select Child Care
- Select Seasons
- Find and select the Season to add automated late pick-up and/or early drop-off fee adjustments.
- Select Modify Season.
- Scroll to the Late Pick-up Fees or the Early Arrival Fees section and select the Add Late Pick-up Fees or the Add Early Arrival Fees button.
- Add the flat fee and/or per minute rules.
- Save or Create the Season.