When a paper check recorded through the Administrative side of Eleyo is returned from your bank as insufficient funds (NSF), Administrative users with appropriate user permissions may record the payment as an NSF check. When recording a paper check as NSF, the deposit associated with the original check is also updated to reflect the NSF check details. All financial reports remain associated with the original deposit date.
- Electronic check (ACH) payments processed through Eleyo are automatically tracked and reported upon within financial reporting. Manually recording NSF checks is only possible when the original payment method is a paper check.
- If a paper check is marked as NSF in error, staff would need to contact Support to request the incorrect status be removed.
Record an NSF from a Paper Check
- Browse to the original payment's show page by selecting the payment and select Show Payment (Finance > Payments or Finance > Transactions then search for and select the transaction).
- Select Record NSF from the action buttons.
- Add a message regarding this NSF check.
- Select Save.