In order to ensure budget codes are allocated correctly on financial reports for all transactions, including cash, paper check, money order and 'Other' transaction types, a deposit must be associated with those transactions. Once a deposit exists for each transaction, the financial details are included on the Financial Ledger Report, the Finance Deposit Detail Report and the Finance Deposit Summary Report. There are two ways to record a deposit for non-electronic payments; manually or automatically.
Recording Deposits Automatically
Update the system preferences to automatically record a deposit of all non-electronic payments at the same time each day. (Automated deposits are created at 5 minutes past the hour use the indicated cut off time. In the below example, the deposit is created at 6:05pm. If looking for all deposits for a particular day to be reflected, it is recommended to set the cutoff as 11PM and the deposit would be created at 11:05PM)
- Point to System.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select General from the list of system preferences.
- Select Enabled and indicate the daily cutoff time.
- Select SAVE.
Recording Deposits Manually
If you would like to view all non-electronic payments (cash, paper check, money order and Other) made on a specific date, you may record a deposit for a group of payments at one time. Once the deposit has been recorded, those transactions would appear on the financial reports using the deposit date.
Follow the below steps to record a deposit of non-electronic payments.
- Point to Finance.
- Select Payments.
- Select the payments to include in the deposit.
- Select Deposit from the action buttons on the right side of the screen.
- Add deposit details and indicate whether the payment/s should be included in a new deposit or as part of an already existing deposit from the drop-down.
- Select Save.
Finance Deposit Detail and Finance Deposit Summary Reports
Both the Finance Deposit Detail and the Finance Deposit Summary Reports may be generated from the Transactions or Payments list views. These reports can also be generated from the Deposits list view or the Reports > Reports menu.
NOTE: Transactions are not included on the below report until there is a deposit associated with those transactions.
Generating the Finance Deposit Reports from Transactions list view
(Note, this report can also be pulled for a specific date range and transactions type from the Reports > Reports view.)
- Point to Finance
- Select Transactions
- Filter to the payments to be included in the report (i.e., filter by budget code, transaction created at date, transaction type, etc.)
Select the payments to be included in the report
- Select the Reports button from the top, left corner of the screen
- Select the Finance Deposit Detail Report
Select the Finance Deposit Summary Report
- Select output format and Continue
Example filter set for pulling the Finance Deposit Summary or the Finance Deposit Detail reports:
Example Deposit Detail Report is below:
Example Deposit Summary Report is below: