When setting up ECFE Courses that span over two or more Catalogs, you may want to utilize the Course Continuation option. This option will allow priority registration to those enrolled in the initial (or first Course) before opening registration to the general public.
When a Course Section is set up as a continuation of a previous Course Section, an email is sent on the first day of Priority Registration to any adult who was enrolled in the first Section (note: If the enrolled adult does not have an email in their contact information, it will be sent to the original payer. If there are multiple email addresses for that person, it will be sent to all emails for that person). This email contains a link to register for the priority registration for the new Section. A reminder email is also sent in the middle of the priority registration dates to ensure they select one of the options regarding priority registration.
To set up Course Continuations, follow the steps below. Note: The example in the instructions below are for a Course that spans a Fall, Winter and Spring Catalogs:
- Set up the initial first Course as your normally would for your First Catalog.
- When setting up the separate Catalog for your Continuation of the Course, set your Registration Start and End Dates for the general public.
- Set the option for Has Priority Registration to Yes, then enter the First and Last Dates for your Priority Registration Note: the First and Last Dates will become the Priority Registration Dates for the families enrolled in the first Course).
- Create a new Course or copy the First Catalog Course and change the Catalog that it is set to to the new one.
- Create a new Course Section or copy the First Catalogue Course Section making sure to change the appropriate fields to reflect the Second Catalog information (dates, locations, etc).
- In the Priority Registration, select Add Course Section. In the Previous Course Section box, type the Course Section Name or Number from the initial Fall Course then select the correct Name from the blue box. Select Save when finished.
- Continue steps 2 through 4 for adding a Second Continuation Catalog or Course.
Sample Priority Registration Email Notice
Sample View after Selecting the Green Re-register Button/Link
Sample Questions (while adding items to cart)