When it is time to create a new ECFE Catalog, an existing Catalog can be copied over in order to save time. It can also used to allow priority registration if needed (details below).
When the system copies a Catalog, you are given the option to copy all or some of the Courses and/or Course Sections by unchecking the items that you do not wish to copy. The system will highlight Courses from the original Catalog that were cancelled so the Administrator can choose to not copy those Courses and Course Sections over. After the new Catalog has been created, you can also copy Price Sets and/or Sibling Care Sites if applicable from the original Catalog to be attached to the new Catalog Courses/Course sections. When copying an entire Catalog, users have the option of automatically moving the dates (i.e., the course started the 2nd Monday of February and ran for 8 weeks). The default for this option is 12 months.
Use this quick Checklist in the specified order when copying an ECFE Catalog:
- Copy an existing Catalog to create the new Catalog (directions below).
- Create (or copy from existing) Price Sets for the newly created Catalog (if price sets are used at your district).
- Create (or copy from existing) Sibling Care Site(s) for the newly created Catalog.
- Modify each Course Section in the newly created Catalog.
- Edit dates, buildings and rooms (as needed)
- Add new Price Sets
- Edit Course Section numbers
To copy an existing ECFE Catalogue, follow these steps:
- Select ECFE.
- Select Catalogues.
- Select a Catalog to copy and select Copy Catalogue.
- Complete the Copying Catalog form giving the new Catalog a name, start date (first date registration opens) and end date (generally the last date of the last class).
- Select which Courses and Course Sections to include in the new Catalog by unchecking those you do not wish to copy.
- Indicate the desired copy options:
NOTE: The default for this option is 12 months. If your new Catalog starts less than 1 year after the original one being copied, you will want to make sure to change the number of months listed for moving the dates forward to reflect that time frame. Also, when copying a catalog using the 'Automatically Move Dates' feature, the system will not present conflicts to the person copying the catalog. It will be up to the Facilities personnel to check the Conflicts tab when approving requests.
Priority Registration Information: If the new catalog contains courses that have a priority registration for current families to register for the continuing course section in the new catalog, indicate that in the blue Info box. Families will receive an email on the first date of priority registration as well as in the middle of the priority registration period if they have not registered or not indicated they will not be registering again.
- Select Create. The system will display an indicator in the lower, right corner of the screen displaying the progress of copying. When finished, select View Results to view the Catalog's Show (Summary) Page.
- Create (or copy from existing) Price Sets for new Catalog.
- Create (or copy from existing) Sibling Care Sites for new Catalog.
- Open each Course Section that was copied to modify and check dates/times (if needed) and locations.
- edit dates, buildings and rooms
- add Price Sets
- Edit Course Section Numbers
Note: When working with Course Sections List View, use the Catalog/Season Selector icon to filter to Course Sections in a specific catalog.
Note: As of Fall 2014, Minnesota no longer requires the Participant Questionnaire for ECFE. There is an optional Course Evaluation section when copying the course that would only be used for a district-generated survey.