When a payment is marked as pending on the Administrative side, it will be displayed in the Payments list view as a Pending Payment until the money is collected. The Pending Payments in the list view under Finance > Payments are highlighted in red. Pending payments should normally be collected first before any payments are applied to other balances, etc. You can also access the Pending Payments from the Dashboard in the Operations section by selecting the View option.
Note: The Payer needs to be in the system first before any payment can be associated with that person.
To Collect a Pending Payment, follow these steps:
- Point to Finance.
- Select Payments.
- Search for and select the payment to collect. Note: You can select the check boxes for multiple pending payments and collect them all at once.
- Select Collect Payment.
- Complete the Collect Payments form. Note: If the person making the payment is not immediately displayed, change the Payer to Other and search for their name.
- Select Process Payment.
- If a receipt is needed, select Price Receipt on the right side of the screen.
If you are not going to collect a Pending Payment that is attached to a Course enrollment (i.e scholarship, pro-rating, etc), you will need to modify the Enrollment to adjust down the cost of the class so it no longer requires any Pending Payment. There are several ways to access the Enrollment that is attached to the Pending Payment. The steps below follow a similar process to the listed ones above for collecting on the Pending Payment.
To adjust the Total Class Cost, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Enrollment or the Pending Payment (i.e. Select View on the Dashboard or Point to Finance > Select Payments >Select Show Payment for the desired one).
- Select the magnifying glass next to the line item with the Enrollment details so you are viewing the Enrollment Show Page
- Select Modify.
- Select Add Adjustment.
- Complete the required Adjustment fields. The Name/Reason field is the reason for the adjustment (i.e. Waiving Pending Payment, Adjusting Class Cost). The Type is Credit. The Additional Type is Miscellaneous.
- Select Save.
The Pending Payment will no longer be displayed to be collected on the enrollment. The Total Cost of the class will reflect the adjusted price as well as any previous payments that had been made.