A Sibling Discount is designated as a discount that is applied towards all contracts in an Account except the highest on an invoice. The discount must be applied to every contract on the Account for it to calculate correctly. The Sibling Discount must exist in the system first before it can be applied to any contracts.
For the setting Sibling Discount Apply Towards All Contracts With This Discount Except The Highest On An Invoice, please note the following:
- If set to Yes, the discount has to be attached to all contracts for the discount to be taken off any that it applies to with the exception of the contract with the highest invoice/largest amount due. For example, if there are 3 children, all contracts need to reflect there is a discount but the highest one does not receive it. The contract with the largest amount due on an invoice will have the discount skipped automatically and only the other 2 siblings' contracts will be discounted. With this set up, the system is doing the excluding.
- If set to No, the discount has to be attached to any contracts that the discount will be applies to. In other words, the system will only apply the discount to the actual contracts staff have attached it to. If you have 3 siblings that you want to all get the discount, all contracts have to have that discount attached. If only 2 of the 3 should get the discount (or even 1 of the 3), staff would only apply the discount to each contract that should get it. With this setup, staff is including (or excluding) which should (or should not) get the discount by attaching it to each specific contract as needed.
To add a Sibling Discount to each Child Care Contract, follow the steps below:
- Select Child Care
- Select Accounts.
- Search for then select the Account that you want to add the Discount to
- Select Show Account.
- Select Contracts from the grey toolbar.
- Select the magnifying glass for the first Contract you want to add the Discount to.
- Select Modify.
- Select Sibling Discount from the drop-down choices and add to all parts of the Schedule.
- Select Save.
- Repeat the steps for viewing and modifying the additional contracts on the account.