For Minnesota district's only, use the following steps to run the Early Education Student Report export (EE SR):
- Point to Reports.
- Select Reports.
- Select Early Education Student Export.
- Verify the District Number and select the School Year, ECFE Season and/or the Program(s).
- Select Run Reports.
- When the report is finished processing, select View Results.
- Save the tmp folder containing 2 zipped files to a location on your computer that is easy to find (i.e. your desktop or other folder). This exported report creates two files: a CSV (comma separated value file that can be opened with Excel) and an XML file. Double-click to open the tmp folder to view both files.
Important Notes to review before attempting any uploads to MDE:
The CSV file allows you to view the results of the export It is not the file used for the upload to MDE. It is recommended that you first review the data in this CSV file and add any missing information by modifying individual enrollments (ECFE > Enrollments) or adding missing data to the individual people record for the child (Contacts > People) before attempting to upload the XML file to MDE.
When you view the file, the first column will show whether each record has enough information to be successfully processed. The second column contains any reason why that specific record is not valid. When you scroll across, you will see the date of the enrollment that is missing the data as well as the course section full number for that enrollment. Missing MARSS IDs or missing funding types on the enrollment are reasons why a record might be considered not complete or invalid.
After any missing information is added, you will need to re-create the report starting with Step 1 in this article. This will create 2 new files (CSV and XML) with the updated information. You will use the updated XML to upload it to the state (not the one from the original export).
The XML file contains all of the valid records in the specification provided by MDE. This is the file to be uploaded to the MDE state website.
The column relating to Fee Status reflects whether the income range was the top, middle or bottom.
- Enrollments with the top range will reflect Full Fee.
- Those in the bottom range will reflect No Fee.
- Any other middle income range enrollments will reflect Reduced Fee.
The Funding Sources are listed with the corresponding numbers indicated below:
|Early head start||6|
|Non DHS funded childcare||8|
|Private foundation grant||12|
Other funding source (not reported through EE Student)