When an enrollment is removed, the system will automatically prompt you to refund any tuition paid toward the enrollment. Using the Processing Fee feature when removing the enrollment will consider fees (i.e. non-refundable deposit, change fees, etc) before calculating the refund amount due and before any refunds are actually issued to the customer.
Payments that are received as credit card or electronically through a checking or savings account may be refunded, up to the original payment amount, directly through Eleyo to the original account as long as the account is still considered active and open by the issuer. If there are circumstances where a refund back to the original payment method can't be made (i.e. closed the account, etc), the refund can be issued as a paper check refund instead to be issued using the processes dictated by your finance team/business office (issued outside of the system).
Remove an Enrollment
- Point to Courses (or ECFE).
- Select Enrollments.
- Search for and select the enrollment. Select Show Enrollment.
- Select Remove Enrollment.
- Complete the Remove Enrollment Form. Note: If you need to keep a portion of the payment, change the Charge Processing Fee to Yes. Enter the dollar amount that is not going to be refunded/ to be retained by the program). The amount to be refunded will automatically reflect the amount going back to the customer. Any Customer Notes are optional and will appear on the emailed refund receipt. If issuing a paper check, change the drop down from Credit Card to Check.
- Select Continue
- Confirm the amounts to be refunded are correct then select Refund.
If an email address is associated with the payer, an email receipt for the refund will automatically be sent.