Merging Two Existing User Records
Eleyo allows an Administrative user with appropriate permissions to merge existing Users that are confirmed as duplicates in your district's database. When merging two User records, you will be asked to confirm the users are duplicates and that you understand the merge cannot be un-done.
All merging should be done with caution. Common merge mistakes including merging:
- Users with the same name, but no contact details to confirm duplication
- Parent/children with the same or similar names
- Siblings with a similar name
The system will highlight items that are different between two records using a caution symbol (triangle icon). It is recommended that you thoroughly check all user fields including birth dates and contact fields (address, phone, etc) before determining that two user records should be merged.
After profiles have been merged, there is a possibility relationships may no longer be accurate. For example, if the parent was incorrectly listed as the sibling of the child. that incorrect relationship can be dropped as part of the merge process. All relationships and designations of Emergency Contact should be verified before and after the merge.
If a student is also attending a Child Care program (Before & After Care, Preschool, etc), the Authorized Pickups under the Child Care Account should also be verified.
Use these steps to merge duplicate user records:
- Point to Contacts
- Select People.
- Search for the desired User.
- Select the two individual check boxes on the left for the two users to be merged
- Select Merge Users. Note: If the Merge Users button is greyed out, you may not have Administrative rights to complete a merge or you have more than two records selected.
Please contact your director/supervisor to discuss updating your permissions. Please note that the Eleyo Support team is not authorized to change any user permissions.
- Select the merge direction. Note: The record you merge into becomes the user's login email. All enrollments and history will merge into one user record.
- Review all fields, especially those that are highlighted to indicate different information between the records.
- At the bottom of the merge form, enter the name of the user being permanently removed.
Note: When the name is entered, a small green check mark will appear to the right of that field.
- Enter your name in the bottom field to indicate you as an administrative user are merging the records. Note: A green check mark will appear to the right of the field once your name has been entered.
- Once both names have been entered in the provided field, the Merge button will be active to complete the process. Select Merge.
Merging 2 User Records
Import and Merge Function
When entering a new User from the Administrative side, an email address may be recognized by the Eleyo system as a login for a neighboring district that also uses Eleyo. For example, an Administrative User in one district may be a customer or a parent within another district and may need to access multiple districts. Another example is an Instructor who teaches in multiple Eleyo districts and wants to use the same login for all of the locations they teach. When that person uses the same email address to log in, they can easily switch between district databases to access their accounts within each district separately without the need to create a separate login.
When presented with the screen below, selecting Import and Merge in the top right corner will import the user contact information, including the email address, for the user you are updating or adding. One important note - only the contact information displayed in the confirmation screen is imported. District specific history and any sensitive information like saved payment details is not included in the import. This allows this user to see the Switch Districts link when accessing accounts across multiple districts that use Eleyo.
When presented with the screen below, selecting the Continue (user is not a duplicate) button at the bottom will allow you to add the new user or save changes to the user being edited, but the system will not include the email address with the user being updated or added.
Import and Merge