There are several pre-made financial reports related to the balances on Child Care Accounts. An account is considered past due when the invoice due date has passed along with any applicable grace period having lapsed. If the due date for the most recent invoice is in the future, the account is not yet considered past due.
The Child Care Account Aging Balance report reflects the date range any amount is past due (i.e. 0-30 days, 30-60 days, etc). The Balance column on the report reflects the total account balance for all Programs. The report includes a Not Due column to reflect charges from invoices where the due date has not yet passed. The Not Due amount is included in the total balance.
The report results can differ depending on where in the system the report is generated:
Account List – When run against an Accounts list view (Child Care > Accounts), it will display the full balance due on the Account, by selected Program(s) and for all Seasons, not splitting it up by Site or budget code.
Site Level - When run at the Site level (Child Care > Sites) which is linked to a specific Season, the Due value only reflects charges for the chosen site. Balances listed as Not Due for a child have either not reached their due date or are currently due at another/different site. A note to that effect is reflected on the final page of the report:
When run at the site level, the Due value only reflects charges for the chosen site. Balances listed as Not Due have either not reached their due date or are currently due at another site.
To create the Child Care Account Aging Balance Report, follow these steps:
- Point to Child Care.
- Select Accounts or Sites
- Select the Advanced Search icon (on the top right - the magnifying glass with the '+').
- Select Past Due from the options under the Choose drop down.
- Change the Any drop down to reflect the check mark (meaning these are Past Due).
- Select Reports.
- Select Child Care Accounts Aging Report
- Select Run Selected Reports.
- Select the desired Program and the desired output format.
- Select Continue
- When the report is finished running, select the Download Finished Report(s) to view, save and/or print.