When a child care contract is created on the Public side, a Child Care Account is automatically created for that parent/guardian requesting the care. A Child Care Account can also be created from the Administrative side for those that may not have access to email (to create a log in) or are otherwise not able to register online. A Child Care Account has to exist before a contract for care can be created.
Before creating a new Child Care Account, it is recommended to always search the database to ensure that you are not creating a duplicate account/record. There are two ways to verify if a person already has a Child Care Account.
- Point to Contacts.
- Select People.
- Type the person's name in the search box. You can start your search with the last name which can help to display possible variations of first names (i.e., Tom, Thomas, Tommy, ....).
- If the correct person is displayed in the search results, select Show User.
- If the person has a Child Care Account, it will be listed in blue text in the bottom left of the People Show Page.
You can also search for an existing Child Care Account using these steps;
- Point to Child Care .
- Select Accounts.
- Type in either the parent or child name in the search box.
- If the correct person is displayed in the search results, select Show Account.
If no Child Care Account exists, create one using the steps below:
- Point to Child Care.
- Select Accounts.
- Select Add Account.
- Complete the New Child Care Account form. Ensure that at least 1 owner's name is on the left side of the account form. Ensure that any children that are going to require contracts are checked on the left side of the account form. If an account receives scholarships or assistance, and should be exempt from late payment fees, be sure to select the Program under the orange Late Fee Exemption section. If a family has an email address in the system, select the Program under the green Program for Paperless to ensure families receive an emailed notification when invoices are run. This eliminates the need to print paper copies of invoices.
- Select Create.