All contracts created on the Public side of the system reflect a Pending status until staff review and approve them. Contracts created on the Admin side can be set to either show a Pending status or to automatically go into an Accepted status.
Account owners can cancel a pending contract request online and submit a new one, if necessary. They are not able to modify a pending contract request online.
Account owners can request a schedule change on an Approved contract if the Program allows that. Schedule change requests also go into a Pending status and require staff review and approval.
To approve a pending Child Care Contract, follow these steps:
- From the system Dashboard, locate the desired Child Care Program section.
- Select View button for the Pending Approval for that Program.
- Select the pending Contract you wish to view then select Show Contract.
- Select Accept.
- Review the information making sure the correct Rates and/or Discounts are reflected. To change any information, select the Modify Contract button.
- If charging a registration fee and/or deposit, ensure the Charge Registration Fee option is set to Yes and the registration fee/deposit amount is correct. If the person submitting the contract was not required to add a saved payment method or they have removed the saved payment method, a new one can be added before the contract is approved. Or, the registration fee and/or deposit can be manually charged after the contract is accepted.
- Select Approve And Process.
Declined Registration Fee or Deposit Payments during the Contract Approval Process
When approving a contract, if the payment for either the registration fee and/or any deposit fails, within the contract approval screen, staff will see a red banner at the top reflecting the reason for the failed payment attempt (i.e. decline or error). Staff are shown two options regarding that contract. They can either proceed without approving the contract by selecting Cancel or go forward with approving it by selecting Continue Approval without Payment.
If staff selects to cancel the approval, the contract stays in a pending status. No line item reflecting the failed payment is displayed on the account. It can be helpful to add a staff note about any steps taken after receiving that failed payment (i.e. emailed parent regarding failed payment).
If staff selects to continue, the contract is accepted and a line item reflecting the failed payments is displayed on the account. The registration fee adjustment is displayed as separate line item that will be picked up by the next invoice.
If the payment was declined, that message is coming directly from the card issuing bank. It is the issuer (not the Eleyo system) that allows the payment to go through or not. There can be a variety of reasons why a card is declined even if it has worked in the past. Usually, the recommendation for a decline is to have the card holder contact their issuing bank to discuss why the payment wasn't approved before any further attempts are made (since they would potentially be declined again).