Expense Rates are used to factor costs into a Course Section that are not associated with the Instructor Contract. One example would be a text book fee that is automatically accounted for on a 'per enrollment' basis. Expense Rates can be created when a Course Section is being created. Saved Expense Rates can be also be created then associated with any Course Section on an as-need basis.
There are 4 Repeat Type options that reflect how the item is to be accounted for:
- Per Day (flat dollar amount per course section session)
- Per Hour (flat dollar amount per hour based on the course section start and end times)
- Per Enrollment (flat dollar amount based on the number of people enrolled)
- Percentage per Enrollment (percentage based on full class price paid)
To create Expense Rates, follow the steps below:
- Point to Courses.
- Select Expense Rates.
- Select Add Rate.
- Complete the New Expense Rate form.
- Select Create.