Relationships between existing User/People records in the Eleyo system can be set up from the person's show page. When a relationship is added, the system will make certain assumptions based on the type of relationship being created. For example, when adding a Child relationship to an existing Adult, the system assumes the child lives with that person. Based on that assumption, the contact information fields in the child's profile are intentionally hidden. Those details are instead picked up from the profile of the adult who has been designated as living with that child. If that assumption is not the case for a particular relationship, the system displays a button to allow staff to enter the alternate contact details for that child.
Another assumption when creating a Child relationship is the setting indicating Emergency Contact. When creating a child/adult relationship, there is a toggle that defaults to indicate that the child is not an emergency contact for the adult and that the adult is an emergency contact for the child. Those settings can be changed by staff if needed.
To create a Relationship to a person who exists in the system:
- Point to Contacts
- Select People.
- Search for and select the person to which the relationship will be created.
- Select Show User.
- Select Add Relationship.
- Select the type of Relationship this User will have to the selected User. For example, if a parent's User/People show page was selected, and a Child relationship is to be added, select the Child Relationship type. To add a Spouse to the selected person, select the Spouse Relationship type.
- When the new options are presented, select either Create a New Person or Find an Existing Person.
- Complete the steps for the selection made (either complete New Person Form or search for the existing User/People record)
- Select Done.
- Review the Relationship details including the assumptions being made. For example, if the person being added should be an Emergency Contact for a child, ensure the Emergency Contact radio button is set correctly.
- Select Create Relationship.