Relationships between people that have been added to the Eleyo system can be set up from the person's People Show Page. The system will make certain assumptions based on the type of relationship chosen. For example, when adding a Child relationship, the system assumes the child lives with the person so address and contact information is hidden. If this is not the case, the system offers a link to show the address fields.
To create a Relationship to a person who exists in the system:
- Point to Contacts
- Select People.
- Search for and select the person to which the Relationship will be created.
- Select Show User.
- Select Add Relationship.
- Select the type of Relationship this new User will have to the currently selected User. For example, if the Show Page for the mother was selected, and a child is to be added, select the Child Relationship type. To add a Spouse to the mother, select the Spouse Relationship type.
- Select whether to Create a New Person or Find an Existing Person.
- Search for the Existing Person or complete the New Person Form and select Done.
- Review the Relationship and the Assumptions made. If an Assumption is false, select the Remove (red circle with '-' icon) next to the Assumption.
- Select Create Relationship.
- The User Show Page should now show a Relationship tab that describes the relationship.
- Repeat the process to add another Relationship to the current User.