Relationships between people that have been added to the Eleyo system can be set up from the person's People Show Page. The system will make certain assumptions based on the type of relationship chosen. For example, when adding a Child relationship, the system assumes the child lives with the person so address and contact information is hidden. Those details are picked up from the profile of the person the child lives with. If this is not the case, the system offers a link to show the address fields.
Another example is creating an Emergency Contact. There is a toggle in the profile that deems that person as the Emergency Contact for the other person.
To create a Relationship to a person who exists in the system:
- Point to Contacts
- Select People.
- Search for and select the person to which the Relationship will be created.
- Select Show User.
- Select Add Relationship.
- Select the type of Relationship this new User will have to the currently selected User. For example, if the Show Page for the parent was selected, and a child is to be added, select the Child Relationship type. To add a Spouse to that person, select the Spouse Relationship type.
- Select whether to Create a New Person or Find an Existing Person.
- Search for the Existing Person or complete the New Person Form and select Done.
- Review the Relationship and the Assumptions made. If an Assumption is false, select the Remove (red circle with '-' icon) next to the Assumption. For example, if the person being added should be an Emergency Contact for a child, ensure the Emergency Contact is set correctly.
- Select Create Relationship.
- The User Show Page should now show a Relationship tab that describes the relationship.
- Repeat the process to add another Relationship to the current User.