Student birth dates are automatically acknowledged on the Child Care Attendance app with the following features that were activated in August 2019.
- If the student's birthday is within the next week, a birthday cake icon appears for staff to see on the Attendance tab next to a student's name.
- Birthday cake icon is displayed in black and white when the student's birthday is 1-8 days after today (over the next seven days)
- Birthday cake icon is displayed in color when the student's birthday is today
- Birthday confetti is activated when an authorized pick-up signs a student in and their birthday is today
- If your program does not want that option to be active, you can disable it under the iPad Settings menu (iPad Settings > Scroll on the left and select Attendance > Change Highlight Birthdays to Off).
Staff Attendance tab view
Animation is displayed after signing in a student with a birthday today: