When communication is needed to be sent to people enrolled in your program, your staff can generate the Email Address Export report. This report creates a list of people to receive the communication which would be sent from your program/district's external email service. Using this export helps to ensure that any responses to the communication will be received by your staff directly. There are also other options for sending other types of communication like the Address Export for a list of mailing addresses, Address Mailing Labels formatted for mail purposes, Phone Number Export and others.
Use these steps to create the Email Address Export report:
- Select the list view you wish to pull the information from (Child Care > Contracts, Courses > Enrollments, ECFE > Enrollments, etc).
- Use the Advance Search to filter for the desired criteria (i.e. Accepted Contracts only, Active Enrollments only, etc).
- With the list visible on the screen, select Reports in the top left (near your name)
- Select Email Address Export report from the choices in the Left column
- Select Run Selected Reports
- Change the option for Is this going to be used for marketing purposes? to the corresponding option (i.e. if it is for marketing purposes specifically, select Yes to remove those that have opted out of those types of messages. If it is an emergency communication, select No to include anyone that has opted out of marketing emails).
- Select Continue.
- When the Download Finished Report changes to green, select it to open the Excel file.
- As described in the video, use your district's external email service to send the email communication using BCC.