The following checklist will walk an Administrative user through the steps for setting up a new Child Care or Preschool season's registration in the Child Care Module. It is recommended to review and complete the steps in the order listed below to ensure a smooth set up.
- Review (or create) Question Templates (System > Question Templates)
- Note: If you currently do not use the Question Template feature for enrollment questions, but created individual questions within your sites, we recommend creating a question template instead. Question templates make editing questions faster for Administrative users. It also allows the use of the same template across sites as well as within any additional modules your programs may utilize in Eleyo.
- Some questions you asked last Season (such as Emergency Contacts and Authorized Pick-ups) may not be needed this year as they are built into the Eleyo online Child Care registration process. Staff designates the number of emergency contacts parents are required to provide during enrollment (Child Care > Program).
- If the registration questions will be similar to a previous year, but will vary for the upcoming season, it is recommended to copy the current question template to create a new upcoming season question template without modifying the one for the current season.
- Any details that you need to be able to print the answers and show a parent/account owner should be created as questions (not as agreements).
- Make sure all Budget Codes are in the system (Finance > Budget Codes)
- Make sure Agreements/terms and conditions (System > Agreements) have been added to the system (optional). If Agreements will be similar to a previous year, but will vary for the upcoming season, it is recommended to copy the current Agreement to create a new upcoming season Agreement without modifying the one for the current season.
- Review the Program settings (Child Care > Programs)
- Has anything changed? Will you be changing your auto pay requirement or late fees? Note: Any changes made will reflect immediately in the current open Season.
- Review Registration Options (Child Care > Registration Options)
- Are the contract Schedule types the same (Consistent, Pick Your Days, Drop In, etc)?
- Are Registration fees and/or Prepayment/deposits the same?
- Create a new Season (Child Care > Seasons > Add Season).
- The Online Contract Creation Instruction Text appears directly below the Season drop-down online and can help to alert parents of rates or other details before they start the registration process.
- Note: If you have the Registration Option set to not allow Public registration, the Season in the Site checklists will show an icon of a yellow caution triangle. It is recommended that you set the Allow Public Registration to Yes and make sure each Site has the correct future start date for online registration. That will ensure the online registration opens automatically.
- Create a new Site for regular care (Child Care > Sites > Add Site) and if offered, create new Non-School Day care sites (Child Care > Non-School Day Sites)
- For Minnesota Districts - there are new surveys/questions that can be included for Ed-Fi and Early Education reporting. Please be sure to read the new set up and other details here
- You can use Copy Site for a quick way to create additional sites for the new Season.
- The Online Instruction Text at the Site level is displayed online above the area when the person doing the enrollment is selecting their student's schedule (i.e. above the check boxes for the days of the week for Consistent contracts or above the calendar for Pick Your Day/Pick Your Week contracts). Adding information at the Site level can be helpful when parents are selecting their schedule for care.
- Confirmation Notes are included in the email the account owner receives when their student's contract is accepted by staff. It can be helpful to include any details you may want them to refer back to (i.e. Welcome to the new School Year! These are our policies about adding/removing dates, late fees, etc or Here are helpful phone numbers: Attendance/Absences, Questions, etc).
- For Non-School Day Sites, the text in the Name field is reflected in the line item on the invoice. If you need that line item to be more descriptive, be sure to add that in the name field (i.e. name the Non-School Day Site NSD 2022-23 for Non-School Days, Early Release Days or Early Out Days if it is a site that is used for those specified days)
- For both Regular Care Sites and Non-School Day Sites, you must set Access Keys if you are using the Child Care Attendance app. There must be unique Access Keys for the regular care vs the Non-School Day sites. You can set the same ones you have used in the past but they do need to be set up for the new season's sites.
- Create new Rates for your sites (Child Care > Rates > Add Rates)
- New Rates have to be set up for each Season (even if the tuition amount charged have not changed from year to year). The new Rates for regular care and for Non-School Days (if offered) have to also be associated with the correct Site Sections or Non-School Day Site Sections. Note: If new rates are not created, online registration will not be available for families.
- You can use Copy Rate for a quick way to create rates from one season to another if they have not changed.
- If there are any links or text on the Welcome page about the new Season or registration in general, those should be reviewed to ensure they are accurate.
New Season Reviews
You can request for the Eleyo Training Team to review a brand new Season prior to opening registration. After walking through the checklist above, complete a New Season Review Questionnaire 5-7 business days in advance of the desired date to open registration.
If modifications to a Season are needed in less than 48 hours (not including weekends), we recommend contacting Support directly. Please provide as much detail as possible about the anticipated changes that will be needed (Registration Options, Rates, Sections, etc).