Each month you will receive a statement that recaps the total fees paid for Card and ACH payments through the system. This article will explain how you can easily assign your fees to budget codes. NOTE: You must have appropriate permissions to access financial reports.
Monthly Payments Recap Report for Reconciling Processing Fees
The Monthly Payments Recap report is emailed around the 7th of each month (example attached below). This report includes a summary of payments processed through the system as well as fees owed for the settled payments. This report is sent to the contact(s) within your Finance team.
The Monthly Payment Recap report emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. It is recommended that this email address be white listed in your program's email service to help ensure receipt of the report. Please contact Support if you are not receiving the emails or if you have an update to the distribution list.
Deposit Summary Report
Use the Excel Budget Code Fee Allocation Calculator (attached to this article) to paste the total dollar amounts by budget code from the summary at the bottom of the Finance Deposit Summary Report (best generated as a CSV file). This calculator allows you to quickly distribute fees owed for each budget code by percentage of dollar amount processed during a specific period.
- Select Finance.
- Select Payments.
- Using the Advanced Search (the magnifying glass icon), set the filter to all payments settled between the date range you are reconciling (i.e., 1st day of the month through the last day of the month).
- Select the REPORTS button from the top left of the screen.
- From the list of available reports select Finance Deposit Summary Report.
- Select the preferred output.
(Note: Use CSV as your output format if you would like to paste the summary by budget code into the Budget Code Fee Allocation Calculator attached to this article.)
- Select Continue and Download Report when the download progress button turns green.
The total at the bottom of the report should match the Billable Sales Volume at the bottom of page 3 on the Monthly Payments Recap report. Please contact Support if this is not the case.
Use the Budget Code Fee Allocation Calculator to distribute fees owed by each budget code based on the percentage of the dollar amount processed during the filtered date range by pasting the summary (total dollar amounts by budget code) at the bottom of the Finance Deposit Summary Report.
Note: This report provides the budget code breakdown of a transaction from the date it attached to a deposit. The report data will not change if it is run after any changes have made to the original deposit. This allows for consistency in reporting. (Changes made to budget code allocations may be tracked by exporting the Finance Ledger Details report through the Reports > Reports system menu.
Payment Counts for Reconciling Transaction Fees
The Payment Counts report is sent in a separate billing receipt email from email@example.com around the 7th of each month. This report is a breakdown of the number of payments created in the software by budget code.
Use the Payment Counts report to reconcile payment counts by budget code.
- Open the Payment Counts report
- Copy the budget code and payment totals from the Payment Counts Report
- Paste into the Software Transaction Fees tab of the Eleyo Budget Code Calculator (available for download at the bottom of this article).
- Enter the value for Total Fees Charged (for month) from the email in row six to populate the Allocated Fees column.
Note: There should be no fees associated with refunds.