Electronic transactions that are made in error may be voided by an Admin with appropriate permissions as long as the transaction is still at the payment gateway (the gateway is the system that the transaction goes through from Eleyo). Generally, this requires the transaction to be voided on the same day it was entered (usually it can be voided up to about 4PM CST).
Below are reasons voiding a transaction may be useful.
- Admin staff mistakenly charged a parent multiple times for the same fee (i.e., program registration fee)
- Admin staff mistakenly entered an incorrect amount for a transaction.
- Admin staff mistakenly selected the wrong saved payment method or payer name when entering the transaction
- Admin staff mistakenly made a payment on the wrong account or enrollment
Voiding a transaction will remove it before it is sent to the bank to be settled, eliminating the need to potentially issue a refund. Depending on the bank, it can show a a pending status on the payer's statement (usually for 24 hours or less) after it has been voided. It is up to the bank to remove that pending status. On the consumer's bank information, they will not see a settled transaction then a credit. They will see the transaction as pending then that pending status will go away.
Use the following steps to Void a Transaction:
- Point to Finance then select Payments or Point to Finance then select Refunds
- Search for and select the transaction to be voided then select Show Payment/Show Refund (you can also locate the transaction in the enrollment or Child Care account show page then select the magnifying glass to view the transaction show page.
- If the transaction is able to be voided and/or you have Admin permissions to void, the Void Payment button is displayed on the right side of the screen. Select Void.
- Enter Customer and/or Staff Notes (both are optional).
- Confirm to proceed with the void.
Once the payment has been voided, the payment show page will reflect that the payment was voided and which Admin User issued the void. If the payer had an email address on file, an email will automatically be sent that the payment was voided.