Districts using the Child Care Attendance app on the iPad may choose to use the Locations feature within the app. The Locations feature allows a staff to keep track of students currently signed in, by location.
Note: Locations are defined in the Administrative system by the Site and must be set up before this feature can be used on the iPad.
Defining Locations for the Child Care Attendance app
Locations for each Site may be added (or edited) by modifying a Site on the Administrative side of the system.
- Select Child Care.
- Select Sites.
- Search for and select the Site to add (or edit) iPad Locations.
- Select Modify Site.
- Scroll to the Possible On-site Locations field in the Extra Info section. Enter the Location names separated by a comma.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Save.
Viewing Student Locations on the iPad
When locations exist for a Site, a Locations icon appears at the bottom of the iPad screen when staff log into the app using the Access Key.
Tap the Locations icon to view student locations.
Students must be signed out from the Sign In/Out screen or marked out by staff from the Attendance screen. Note: As with all Child Care Attendance app screens other than the parent facing Sign In/Out screen, the Locations screen is accessible only by Site Staff with the Site's Access Key.
Updating a Student's Location on the iPad
Locations may be edited for multiple students at once when the Location is the same for that group of students.
- Select the Locations icon from the bottom of the app screen.
- Select the Edit Location link at the top right of the app screen.
- Select the student(s) to edit location so they display a check mark.
- Select the Assign Location link at the bottom right of the app screen.
- Select the desired location and select Yes.
TIP: Use the Select All in Location or Unselect All in Location to easily select or de-select all students in a listed location to Assign to another location together.