When a district needs to add a Credit adjustment to multiple contracts (i.e. for a canceled school or contracted day) or a Fee adjustment (activity fee, field trip, etc), you can easily add the Adjustment from the Contracts list view. The adjustment will appear on the next invoice created for the Program.
To add a Mass Adjustment to Contracts, complete the following steps:
- Select Child Care.
- Select Contracts.
- Confirm the contracts for the appropriate season are displayed using the Season Selector (the book icon) at the top of the screen.
- Select Add Adjustment.
- Select the Program and Season.
- Enter the Attending Date that the adjustment is being applied to.
- Select the Child Care Site(s) that the adjustment applies to.
- If the adjustment does not apply to certain contracts (County Assistance, etc), update the options in the Extra Limitations section.
- Select Continue
- Type in a name for the Credit Adjustment (i.e. Weather Closing - January 7th).
- For Type of Adjustment, the Percentage option to issue the appropriate Credit amount based on the assigned rate for each contract. Using this option will properly take into account discounts (i.e. drop-in rate, scholarship rate or sibling discount rates) and adjust it accordingly. The Flat Amount option would be used to only give partial credit for a specific dollar amount. Also, if you change the option to Flat Amount, you can issue a Fee Adjustment which is charge (not a credit) that will appear on the next invoice (i.e. for field trip charges, t-shirt purchase, etc). Note: You only need to complete one option - credit or fee adjustment.
- Select Add Adjustment at the bottom of the screen.
- The system will create the adjustments based on assigned rates and display adjustment that was assessed. When finished, a notification The system is done creating the adjustments will be displayed. The adjustments will be automatically be reflected on each account and will be captured and applied on the next invoice created for that Program.
Percentage - Use for Credit Adjustment
Flat Amount - use for Partial Credit for a specific dollar amount or for Fee Adjustment