When a district needs to add a Credit adjustment to multiple contracts (i.e. for a canceled school or contracted day) or a Fee adjustment (adding an activity fee, field trip, t-shirt, etc), you can add the adjustment from the Contracts list view. The adjustment will appear on the next invoice created for the Program.
To add a Mass Adjustment to Contracts, complete the following steps:
- Select Child Care.
- Select Contracts.
- Confirm the contracts for the appropriate season are displayed using the Season Selector (the book icon) at the top of the screen.
- There are 2 possible ways to add a mass adjustment. The first is to have the system determine which students were scheduled on a specific date from all contracts for the season. The second is to filter the list of contracts, select only specific contracts to get the adjustment then add the adjustment to only the selected ones.
- If you have the system determine who was scheduled on a specific date, you do not need to select or highlight any contracts in the list. You will simply select View All to see the full list of contracts then immediately select Add Adjustment. When you do that, you will see a form that has you enter the schedule day and other details then select Continue to create the adjustment and add it (screen shot below). When using this first option, any contract that had the scheduled date will also receive the adjustment.
- If you filter the list of contracts, select and highlight specific contracts then select Add Adjustment, you will see that list of contracts on the left and a different form on the right (second screen shot). Only the selected contracts listed will receive the adjustment.
- In the form, select the Program and Season.
- Enter the Scheduled Date that the adjustment is being applied to.
- Select the Child Care Site(s) that the adjustment applies to.
- If the adjustment does not apply to certain contracts (County Assistance, etc), update the options in the Extra Limitations section.
- Select Continue
- Type in a name for the Credit Adjustment (i.e. Weather Closing - January 7th).
- For Type of Adjustment, the Percentage option to issue the appropriate Credit amount based on the assigned rate for each contract. Using this option will properly take into account discounts (i.e. drop-in rate, scholarship rate or sibling discount rates) and adjust it accordingly. The Percentage should only be used if you charge a daily rate (charge once a day). The Flat Amount option would be used to only give partial credit for a specific dollar amount. Also, if you change the option to Flat Amount, you can issue a Fee Adjustment which is charge (not a credit). Note: You only need to complete one option - credit or fee adjustment.
- Select Add Adjustment at the bottom of the screen.
- The system will create the adjustments based on assigned rates and display adjustment that was assessed. When finished, a notification The system is done creating the adjustments will be displayed. The adjustments will be automatically be reflected on each account and will be captured and applied on the next invoice created for that Program.
Percentage - Use for Credit Adjustment (only used with a Daily rate)
Flat Amount - use for Partial Credit for a specific dollar amount or when adding a Fee Adjustment
Below is a screenshot of the Mass Adjustment Screen that allows the system to filter to contracts that were scheduled to attend a specific date, such as when issuing a credit adjustment for a snow day. Notice the list of contracts is not immediately displayed (they will be listed when you select Continue).
Below is a screenshot of the Mass Adjustment Screen when specific contracts have been selected. The selected contracts are listed on the left immediate that will receive the adjustment.