When a district needs to add a Credit adjustment to multiple contracts (i.e. for a canceled school day or a change in contracted dates) or needs to add a Fee adjustment (i.e. an activity fee, field trip charge, t-shirt fee, etc), you can filter the list of contracts for the desired criteria then add a Mass Adjustment from the Contracts list view.
Once created, the adjustment appears on the account's next immediate invoice regardless of what dates the adjustment is being created for. For that reason, you would want to create the adjustments immediately before the desired invoice period.
Credit adjustments made using these steps only apply for regular scheduled care. If you have questions on crediting Non-School Day care, please contact Support
To add a Mass Credit Adjustment to Contracts, complete the following steps:
- Point to Child Care.
- Select Contracts.
- Select View All or close the Search box to see the full list of contracts.
- Determine which of the 2 possible options below is needed for the adjustment being created:
- If adjusting for a single scheduled date, you will use the full list of contracts displayed to receive the adjustment. When you use the full list of contracts without checking any check boxes, you will be able to filter for Season, Site, Site Section, etc after selecting Add Adjustment.
- If adjusting for a date range, select the check boxes on the left for the desired contracts to receive the credit adjustment (to select all displayed contracts, use the check box in the top grey header). Using this option does not allow you to filter after selecting Add Adjustment. Use the Advance Search tools to filter the list of contracts before selecting Add Adjustment.
5. Select Add Adjustment and complete the required fields being displayed for the option you selected above. The Name/reason given to the adjustment will be reflected as the line item under Discounts/ Adjustments on the next invoice (i.e. Snow Day 1/1 or Pro-rating week of 9/4). When using the Percentage for a credit adjustment, the system will prorate Weekly and Monthly rates in order to appropriately apply adjustments based on the date range indicated.
6. When finished with the details, select Add Adjustment. You will see the message "The system is done creating the adjustments" displayed at the top of the screen. The adjustments are automatically added to the account with a 'Not Posted' status to be picked up by the next invoice.
Percentage - Use for Credit Adjustment
Flat Amount - use for Partial Credit for a specific dollar amount or when adding a Fee Adjustment