Transactions that are made in error may be voided by an Admin with appropriate permissions as long as the transaction is still at the gateway. Generally, this requires the transaction to be voided on the same day it was entered. Voiding a transaction will remove it before it is sent to the bank to be settled, eliminating the need to potentially issue a refund. Depending on the bank, it can show as pending (usually for 24 hours or less) even when it has been voided from the Community Education system. It is up to the bank to remove that pending status. You can void a payment or a refund transaction made via ACH or credit card. Below are reasons voiding a transaction may be useful.
- Admin mistakenly charged a parent multiple times for the same fee (i.e., program registration fee)
- Admin mistakenly entered an incorrect amount for a payment
- Admin mistakenly selected the wrong saved payment method or payer name when entering the transactions
- Admin mistakenly made a payment on the wrong account or enrollment
Use the following steps to Void a Payment:
- Select Finance> Payments then search for and select the payment to be voided and select OR locate the payment in the enrollment or Child Care account show page then select the magnifying glass to view the payment show page.
- If the payment is able to be voided and/or you have Admin permissions to void, the Void Payment button is displayed on the right side of the screen. Select and confirm.
Once the payment has been voided, the payment show page will reflect that the payment was voided and which Admin User issued the void. If the payer had an email address on file, an email will automatically be sent that the payment was voided.