The system allows Administrative users to create Evaluations or Surveys to be part of a Course or ECFE Catalog or a Child Care Season. Those surveys can then be attached to specific Course or ECFE Course Sections or to Child Care Sites.
When surveys are attached to Course or ECFE Course Section, they are sent to all participants. When surveys are attached to Child Care Site, they are sent to all families who have had an accepted contract at the site.
When the survey is created, the Survey Name field reflects what will be what is displayed as the subject line when the survey is emailed. The information in the Instruction Text field will appear in the Info section of the email.
The link in any evaluation emails does not currently expire. You can include a 'recommended' deadline in the Instruction Text section of the survey. But there is not a way to set an actual deadline date to complete the survey. A survey can only be completed once. If someone tries the link again after they already submitted the survey, the link will redirect them to a message that this survey has already been taken. The link will direct them to an error if the survey gets completely removed from the system.
Create a New Course Evaluation Survey
- Point to Reports.
- Select Surveys.
- Select Add Survey.
- Complete the Add Survey Form. Note: The Survey Name will be what is displayed as the subject line when the survey is emailed to the person enrolled. This can be helpful to keep in mind when naming the new survey. The information in the Instruction Text field will appear at the top of the Survey Questions when the attendee selects the link to complete the online evaluation. You can change the order of questions by dragging and dropping them within the green Question section.
- When you have added all of your questions, select Create.
When using the Question type of Evaluation - Rating, possible answers are auto-populated to speed the creation of the survey. Users may add to, edit or remove possible answers for all question types. Note: You want to fill in a response for both Answer Value and Answer Text for each question. Answer Value is part of the survey results and Answer Text is what is on the public survey.
Add a Course Evaluation to a Catalogue:
Note: You must attach the survey to the Catalogue in order for the Communications section mentioned below to be available in the Course Section.
- Point to Courses.
- Select Catalogues.
- Select the Catalog and select Modify Catalogue.
Create a new Catalog by selecting Add Catalogue.
- Attach one or more Course Evaluations using the Available Course Evaluations Survey drop-down. Note: Use the Select Multiple button if more than one Course Evaluations will be used within the same electronic catalog. Although multiple Course Evaluations can be available within a catalog, only one Course Evaluation can be attached to each Course Section. NOTE: The information in the Course Evaluation Email Text will appear in the Info section of the email along with the Instruction Text that was included when the survey was created.
- Select Save.
Attach a Course Evaluation survey to a Course Section within the Catalogue:
The Course Evaluations should be attached to the Course Sections and not the Course. This allows for the system to send timely Course Evaluation emails, as they are sent the date that was specified in each individual Course Section. If a date is not specified, it will be sent the morning following the last date of the Catalog. You can update the Survey (i.e. fix any typos, add a question, etc) that is attached to the Course Section without having re-attach it after any modifications have been made.
Note: You must attach the survey to the Catalogue using the steps above in order for the Communications section mentioned below to be available in the Course Section.
- Point to Courses.
- Select Course Sections.
- Search for and select the Course Section to attach an Evaluation.
- Select Modify Section.
- Scroll to the Communications section of the form and set Send Course Evaluation to Yes.
- Select the appropriate Course Evaluation available. Note: The Course Evaluation must be added to the Course Catalog first using the steps above.
- If you wish to specify the date the survey is sent, enter the date in the Deliver On field (Note: If you do not specify a date, the survey will be sent on the morning following the last day of the course section).
- Select Save.
If for any reason the Survey does not get attached to the Course Section and you need to send the survey manually, you can modify the Course Section and update the Send Course Evaluation setting to Yes, then set the drop-down to reflect the desired survey and select Save. A new option will appear in the Course Section show page.
Below is an example of what will be displayed when the user selects the Take The Survey link from the email. The Course Evaluation survey can only be completed once by an attendee.